Staff Tips – Sailing
- It is a good idea to check the weather forecast from a suitable forecasting source such as http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/leisuremarine/
- It is advisable to understand and obey the Rules when sailing to avoid collisions and accidents.
- It is recommended that you check your lifejackets and liferafts and get them serviced annually.
- Try to be aware of all types of distress signals and know when and how to use them in an emergency.
- If you can, it is beneficial that you can predict and understand changing weather conditions. This will allow you to balance and trim the boat accordingly.
- Before setting sail, make sure you know where to find, and understand, the safety features on the boat.