Staff Tips – Winter Bouldering
- If you want to climb at your best, you have to stay warm at the crag. A down jacket will do the job best when you are standing around. A few handwarmers in your chalk bag or pockets also helps.
- Safety is always a priority and for bouldering the best safety item is the trusted bouldering mat. Available in a range of sizes and thicknesses, there is plenty of choice out there. The bigger and fatter the better!
- Make the holds as grippy as possible by using an old toothbrush to clean them – anything to make it easier for you.
- It’s a good idea to look hard at a problem before you try it. Try and work out the best way to climb before you leave the ground. This is easier than trying to work it out while gripping on for dear life!
- If you don’t make it up first time, keep trying. Who said success would be easy.