Tiso Online Terms and Conditions
Tiso Online is a department of Graham Tiso Ltd, an established outdoor equipment retailer with over forty years of experience in providing our customers with the best possible range of products, help and advice and value for money (hereinafter “we”, “our”, “Tiso Online” or “Graham Tiso Ltd”).
As a company we have a strong belief that exceptional customer service is a key factor in determining customer loyalty. Tiso Online has been created in response to customer demand.
Our aim is to provide our usual high level of expertise, product knowledge and customer service to the customers who are unable to visit one of our stores.
Graham Tiso Ltd
50 Couper Street
Customer Enquries: 0141 559 5454
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions listed below apply to the sale and purchase of goods between you and Graham Tiso Ltd. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
By ordering any product from Tiso Online you are accepting these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions can be changed without any prior notification and it remains the responsibility of the customer to be familiar with them prior to placing an order.
Orders and PricingAll orders are subject to our approval and product availability. Tiso Online’s acceptance of an order begins when the goods are despatched, and you will be charged at this time. The prices of products are correct at the time of publication on our website. We reserve the right to change prices on our website without prior notification.
We will always try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate. Occasionally, errors may occur. If there has been an error in the price of goods that you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible. On these occasions, you can choose to either cancel your order or reorder it at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you about an incorrect price we will cancel your order. Any payments which have already been made will be refunded. All goods advertised on this site are simply an invitation to the customer to either make further enquiries to us or to make an offer to purchase goods from us. Acceptance of offers to purchase goods only takes place when the relevant goods orders are despatched by Graham Tiso Ltd and not before.
Order AcknowledgementWhen you have submitted an order you will be sent an e-mail confirming your order. It will confirm our contact details, the products requested, the final cost (including VAT and delivery expenses), delivery and invoice details, the existence of your statutory right of cancellation (also see Condition 10 below) and details on after-sales services and guarantees. If for whatever reason your order has been unsuccessful the e-mail will inform you of this and if possible offer an explanation.
At Tiso Online we will do our utmost to ensure that we have stock of all products in our online shop. It is not our policy to advertise stock we do not hold.
It is possible however that we will on occasion be unable to fulfil your order immediately.
If this is the case we will inform you immediately with details of any delays or issues there may be.
Graham Tiso Ltd reserves the right to cancel your order if the order cannot be fulfilled.
Under no circumstances will Tiso Online charge you until the order is ready for despatch.
Responsibilities of the Customer
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all information given on your order form is complete and accurate. Where information given by the customer is incomplete, misleading or incorrect the customer will be liable for any costs involved in resolving the matter.
Payment Checks & Charges
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuing institution refuses to authorise payment to us we will not despatch the goods and will not be liable for any delay or non delivery of orders.Below is a statement, from our Service Provider (DataCash - www.datacash.com ) that explains the situation with regard to reversal of ‘pending transactions’ when the card may have been rejected (for example if address details do not match those held by the issuing bank):
"[Bank Card] Issuers perform reversals at their own discretion. The Card Scheme Rules - which govern the Issuing Banks - state that it is not mandatory for Issuers to perform reversals.
As a result, some Issuers are not immediately reversing transactions, instead leaving the authorisation code to expire naturally. This means that the available funds on the card are reduced by the amount of the initial authorisation. "
We therefore do not recommend that you continue to submit your card details should your card be rejected on more than two occasions. The prices of all goods advertised for sale on our website are inclusive of VAT. Please refer to our Delivery Schedule for details of our delivery charges.
Deliveries will be made at our risk by a carrier nominated by us.
Please refer to our Deliveries Schedule for details of our delivery times. If we cannot deliver the goods to you within the timescales stated then we shall endeavour to contact you as soon as possible with an update and if you are not satisfied then we shall offer you a full refund. Please note that dates quoted for delivery of goods are estimates.
Tiso Online will not accept any responsibility for any failure to deliver goods or delay, damage or defect caused in doing so if the circumstances were beyond our reasonable control.
Risk & Title
Ownership of goods will not pass to the customer until we have received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due us in respect of the goods. Until ownership of the goods has passed to the customer, the customer must (i) hold the goods in trust on behalf of Graham Tiso Ltd, (ii) store the goods (at no cost to us) and (iii) maintain the goods in satisfactory condition.
Tiso Online Returns Policy, Faulty Goods and Complaints
If you wish to return any product bought from Tiso Online you should refer to our Returns Policy. To make a complaint please contact;
Graham Tiso Ltd
50 Couper Street
Customer Enquries: 0141 559 5454
Your statutory rights as a consumer in the United Kingdom will not be affected by these Terms and Conditions. Please note that as a consumer you have the statutory right within the United Kingdom to cancel your order and return any goods ordered in exchange for a refund. This statutory right of cancellation starts on the date that you submit your order and expires on the seventh working day after the day on which you receive the goods. This includes our obligation to refund you within 30 days if you cancel your order. For more details click here: Statutory Right to Cancel .
Tiso Online takes the security of its customers very seriously and for that reason uses advanced internet security systems to manage our customer’s details.
We also use systems which encrypt your name, address and card details into code before transmitting them over the internet. In the unlikely event that your data should be intercepted it will be encrypted.
Safety Warning & Disclaimer
The equipment that Tiso Online sells may be used in pursuits that are potentially dangerous. It is the customer’s responsibility to consider their own safety in the outdoors. Please seek appropriate advice before partaking in an activity, and enjoy the outdoors within your own limitations. Courses are available for training in all outdoor pursuits, and some of our partners can offer such training. Graham Tiso Ltd, its directors, employees and the contributors to this website will not be held responsible for any injury sustained whilst doing outdoor activities.
Nothing however in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Graham Tiso Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury arising out of the negligence of Graham Tiso Ltd, its directors, employees or agents or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are held to be unenforceable or invalid, the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions will remain unaffected.
No waiver of any right or breach by Graham Tiso Ltd under these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised person of Graham Tiso Ltd. Any such waiver shall not be construed as a waiver of any other right or breach.
The Customer shall not assign the terms of the contract to purchase goods from Graham Tiso Ltd (as constituted by these Terms and Conditions as accepted by you) (the “Contract”) without the prior consent of Graham Tiso Ltd. Graham Tiso Ltd shall be entitled to assign and sub-contract the terms of this Contract without the consent of its customers.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The construction, validity and performance of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Law of Scotland and the Scottish Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in any disputes between you and Graham Tiso Ltd.
- These rules and any other rules specified by Graham Tiso Limited or any of its associates within the Graham Tiso Group Ltd companies (the “Company”) from time to time (“Competition Rules”) apply to any competition which is run by or on behalf of the Company (“Competition”). By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of the Company which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition rules.
- All entries must be received at the place specified during the period in which the Competition is open and late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of posting (if relevant) shall not be deemed proof of delivery. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to the place specified for any reason whatsoever.
- Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via any agency or similar) and, unless otherwise stated, are limited to one per household. Prizes may be provided by a third party sponsor of the Competition. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with cash or a prize of comparable value.
- The winning entry will be that which has met the entry criteria and which most closely meets the Competition criteria specified.
- Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to all GB residents of 18 years and over, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
- By entering a Competition you:
- grant the Company, any third parties appointed by the Company for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition and the Competition sponsor(s) permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition, for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes; and
- grant the Company and any Competition sponsor(s) the right to use your personal information to send you information about their respective products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please follow the instructions given.
- accept that all entries will become the property of the Company upon receipt and will not be returned. You will retain all rights you have in the copyright and other intellectual property rights comprising the Competition entry but, by entering the Competition, you grant the Company and its licensees the right free of charge to republish your Competition entry;
- waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 (the “Act”) or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
- warrant to the Company that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
- You may be offered the chance to subscribe for a free newsletter or other service of the Company but failing to do this will not disqualify you from a Competition.
- If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to the Company within a specified period. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
- The name(s) of the winner(s) and details of the winning entry or entries will be sent to anyone who requests the same within three (3) months of the closing date of the Competition. Requests should be sent to the postal or email address for competition entries and, if postal, should be accompanied by an SAE.
- If you are a winner of a Competition:
- the receipt by you of any prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules;
- you acknowledge and agree that neither the Company or any Competition sponsor(s) or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your prize, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Company is the promoter of the Competition.
- If any of these rules are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the affected rules shall be deleted from these Competition Rules but the remaining rules shall continue in full force and effect.