• Free Canvas Bag and Smartwool Gift for the first 100 guests
• Food and drink provided
• Prizes to win in our raffle and competitions on the night
• Come along and chat to The Polar Academy about their BBC Scotland Documentary.
Come along to our Outdoor Experience evenings hosted by Hazel Robertson, explorer in residence at the RSGS, and meet our inspiring Adventurers and Personalities:
Uisdean Hawthorn is a Scottish climber and alpinist best known for his winter climbing and Alpine exploits. He has made numerous first-ascents in Scotland including the first winter ascent of the Giant (described as “one of the most important winter ascents in Cairngorm climbing history”). As well as being an avid adventurer, Uisdean takes high quality images of people in their adventures and captures the true emotion that only these types of activities create. He is instore to discuss his five favourite images and the stories behind them. Canvas prints of these images will be on display in an art gallery style.
Link to website - https://www.uisdeanhawthorn.com/About
Rachel Keenan will be our speaker at our Edinburgh and Aviemore events.
Hamish Frost will be leading his talk at our Glasgow and Perth events.
Wine & Dine:
Food will be provided by Corner on the Square Cafe
A free drink will be provided upon arrival.
Ask the Expert:
• Meet the experts from our top brands including Lowe Alpine, Rab, Fjallraven, Sherpa, and much more.
• Come along and chat to The Polar Academy about their BBC Scotland Documentary. The Polar Academy identifies ‘invisible’ 14-17 years old secondary school children, crushed by a lack of self-esteem and gives them the chance to redefine their physical and mental limits. Their documentary airs on BBC Scotland on Wednesday 9th of October.
• Speak to your favourite local organisations - Dundonnell Mountain Rescue, SARDA, Explore Highland and more!
As always these evenings are FREE to attend, but the spaces are limited so book your place NOW to avoid disappointment!